PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tattoo you? Female applicant turned down due to her tattoo.
Old 18th Mar 2016, 18:10
oldgrubber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simple fact is she has a tattoo that would be visible above the neckline in uniform.
Reading the article, it would appear she has a partner who could have informed her of the regulations concerning tattoos.
As stated in this thread a “dream job” would imply she would do anything to get it including remove tattoos, I would.
So all in all it appears the recruiter did his/her job correctly, wrong person not recruited; WIN.
For information I got my first forearm tattoo at “Doc Prices’” down Union Street in Plymouth at 17, my balancing tat at 20 on the other arm and have never regretted either, but they were iaw regs and not visible with sleeves rolled down.
The Master at Arms spotted my tattoo and informed me that only salty sea dogs and criminals had tats and asked which I was. I thought it was rich as he had arm and leg tats and he put me on stores party, saying if I couldn’t do the job because of my new tat he would troop me for self inflicted wounds. Seems the fact I was only 17 went right by him.

Happy memories.