PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part NCC Stuff
Thread: Part NCC Stuff
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2016, 14:42
Mike Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Part NCC
Having now attended a workshop it did appear that there are quite a few details that don't seem to have been highlighted which could affect Operators. I won't even go into the amount of paperwork, auditing, and compliance required.

For third country registered aircraft when you sign the declaration you are agreeing to comply with PART NCC regulations anywhere in the world. So you could end up flying a US registered aircraft in the US but having to comply with both FAR's and EASA. "Hopefully" if any conflicts and you take the most restrictive you "should" be OK.

On the 26th August you would have to apply the FTL and Factored Runway of the State of Operation as at the moment EASA have not created any rules. When they do you would have to comply. At the moment, and I'm not a pilot, this would not seem to cause an issue for private operations.

It seems possible that under Part NCC, to use the US aircraft example, you could not use a freelance US pilot, in the US, on a US aircraft unless they had EU licences! Maybe I'm wrong.

I do wonder what other details are hidden in the legislation as I'm not a lawyer.

However, no choice it has to be done
Mike Echo

Last edited by Mike Echo; 18th Mar 2016 at 15:29.