PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you are still considering EK.....
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2016, 11:53
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can just fully agree being a former QR "robot". Same absurde rules(laban,shortbread,fresh orange juice, the BLOODY hat which could cost you your job,...).

When I was over in QR quiet a while ago EK was still a "dreamland" to be. Unfortunately at this time you needed to resign from QR and wait 6 months till EK would accept your application. Thanks god I never did that and just left the ME.

Now, a lot of years later I was thinking about re-applying. But honestly - it is shocking to read what happened to EK.

Good luck guys!

@Flyingishere

You mention the "bad" contracts back here in Europe, well, if I "have" to pay social contribution, it is what it is, I pay in a social pot and and receive something if you are in need(long term sickness, retirement,..).It called "Social System" ^^. Someone staying too long down there might have forgotten... This is not the case in the ME. I always prefer Ryanair over EK, not really much to think about. Turkish is already one of this ME airlines. As well there the situation is becoming worse if you believe the various threads around this forum.

Last edited by tomuchwork; 18th Mar 2016 at 12:25.