PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Hire Recomendations for Long trip.
Old 18th Mar 2016, 08:01
KyleTheAviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can you drop me a PM? It won't let me send you one. I know guy who might be able to help you.
Cheers mate. Unfortunately i cant PM either (maybe because my account is new?). I have contacted a mod, hopefully they can sort it out. Look forward to chatting then

C206 - At 142kt, flight time = 5.58hrs
C172 - At 124kt, flight time = 6.5hrs
At 110kt, flight time = 7.43hrs

In that case there is really little difference to your ETA regardless of a/c.
Completely agree in that scenario. But if it was possible to find something with 180kt cruise under $400, like an RV-7, then i think it could be worth it. maybe thats fantasy land tho.

But as some members have made me realise. Maybe this should be more about whats best for my career.

They're not fast, but as mentioned if you're building command time then why rush?
Get the hours... C150/2
Very valid points. Will consider it. Im not sure what employers value more. Higher hours in a small aircraft. Or Less hours in an aircraft that is part of their fleet.

For a 150hr course, ask one of your instructors if you can make this a solo navex, and take what they suggest.
Great suggestion. I will definitely talk to them about it. I'll only be early stages CPL for when i was planning to do this trip, so maybe it wont fit training schedule..

For the Gen Y's it's all about going fast.
Haha i wont deny it. I feel the need... The need for SPEED. Now what are F-14 Tomcats going for wet?

So to summarize the options:
150/2 (go slow build hours)
172 or PA28 (middle ground)
182 (more speed an power)
206 (good for future jobs little faster)
210 (good for jobs and fast)
RV-7 (or equivalent light fast kit plane)

Mooney or Bonanza (im not familiar with, apart form the Mooney has long range. not sure on pricing or practicality for work)

Last edited by KyleTheAviator; 18th Mar 2016 at 13:17.