PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you are still considering EK.....
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2016, 03:48
in freedom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very true

very detailed and very true. And really hard to believe until you have seen it. I wish somedody had told me exactly the above 5 years ago.
The only thing I would add is that it is incredibly hard to reverse that mistake once you fell into the trap and joined. This is not a proper contract ruled by a proper legal system (you can check what the US State Department and Human Rights Watch have to say about the UAE legal system). Even if you hate it you might have to stay because you can not afford to leave. Your family might leave you though after a while...
First of all you won't get time off to apply anywhere else. Off days won't cover it and are hard to get. Vacation is scheduled too far in advance. If you try to call sick you can't leave the country. So be prepared to leave without another job because you simply didn't have time to arrange for a new one while you were at EK.
Second you will be bonded for 5 years. And loose all the promised goodies from the Provident Fund etc. Be very clear about this: Once you find out that you have been cheated and the actual job is nothing like you were promised or given in writing you can not just terminate the contract. You will be made to pay serious money plus all the lost investments and switching cost for coming to Dubai and leaving again. Since you probably didn't come from within a hundred miles that is a significant chunk of money.

So ignore the excellent post above at your own risk and cost. Or be wise and avoid this fancy Marketing gig of a hellhole.