PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Life on the Malabar Coast of India in WWII.
Old 17th Mar 2016, 15:22
Danny42C

As I hinted, in the "Military Life on the Malabar Coast..." Thread, I have a (true) story to tell, worthy of the the imagination of a Somerset Maughan, although told with only an iota of his skill. So now, if the Moderator will allow me, I am going to read you a Play ("wot I have wrote", as Ernie Wise used to say) based on it. And it will not be a Play, nor even the Book of a Play, but rather an extended reviewer's synopsis of a play, as it were. And it will be written almost all in the third person, with very little dialogue. It will be in the form of two Acts and and a number of scenes, and I shall call it "Interlude", for that is what it was. And I can assure the Moderator that I appear in the second Act, so it deserves a place in this Forum.

And it is the story of six months in the life of a (then) young lady of my own age in India in the final year of the war, and its immediate aftermath. I shall call her June (which was not her name, as the lady may yet live, tho' it is doubtful). And those looking forward to a bonkbuster or bodice-ripper are going to be sadly disappointed.

Danny42C.