PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Combined Hearing and audiogram thread
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2016, 09:41
joseghamby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hearing problem

About 2 months ago when I was going to sleep I noticed a ringing in my left ear. I considered it easily, but that was there until the morning. I started to feel a fullness and slight hearing loss from that day and obviously, I thought it was wax and tried ear drops. I was still experiencing the same problem even after a week and I consulted a doctor. He said me I had a slight outside ear contamination and gave me a few drops for that and eustachian tube dysfunction as well. Apparently it was the eustachian tube dysfunction which caused the ringing. I had drops and it was alright, yet after a few days it began again and this time it was appalling. Consistent beeping and ringing sound and the filled ear made me insane. Yesterday I had an appointment with an audiologist at Westside audiology and he found my eustachian tube got plugged and it is almost closed now. So he suggested hearing aid for the time till the treatment wraps up. I saw some models of hearing aids - and I truly stunned this little instrument can recuperate such an irritating issue. Does hearing aid really work? I don’t wanna take a risk and can you people please suggest me?

Last edited by Bad medicine; 17th Mar 2016 at 22:49. Reason: Removed commercial link