PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bye Bye Bond
Thread: Bye Bye Bond
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2016, 07:08
Helilife100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodbye Bond Helicopters. You were an admirable rival when I worked in Aberdeen and now you have a male chicken in your name…. amongst other things.

Speaking of Aberdeen and of things that pass. I visited the Helicopter Museum in Weston-Super-Mere last weekend and found a Bristow Super Puma G-TIGE on display. I didn't recognise her at first as she was in the 'wrong' colours but I stood trying to remember anything specific I had replaced or repaired on her. Nothing came to mind because there were so many aircraft and the work relentless and sometimes tough;although I did love it. It is the second aircraft in there to pass through my hands. The other is N5840T the W30 that is now stuck in a children's sandpit.

I am trying to say that although all these marvellous companies have gone. destroyed by greed, treachery, stupidity or just time. We are still here! and the spirit of the company and our friends and colleagues lives on within us. Just pass that spirit on amongst the young folk. Whatever the name is above the door. Loyalty, honesty, hard graft, Do it right the first time, are not useless affectations but what your friends and passengers deserve. Despite whatever our new managements and the bean counters do.