PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK F/O - Cost of living in Dubai
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2016, 19:19
Emma Royds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the issue is that there will be not even be the extra $2000 available at the end of each month to put into the pension pot, as Xulu mentioned.

My previous post was tongue in cheek but it concisely sums up that EK is not the company to be joining if you have kids. Dubai can be a great place to raise kids and especially if they are young but the cost involved is expensive and keeps on rising.

EK is now only really worth it if you are single or married with no kids and have no desire to have kids either. Thats what I have told friends who have been considering joining. A new joiner has to financially plan for sitting in the RHS for a considerably longer period that was once the case, whilst dealing with your income not matching inflation for a number of years. A sobering thought.

There is no point in moving your family half-way around the world unless the money and the lifestyle are both better.
Very true and most F/Os with at least a couple of kids say that they have very little money left at the end of each month.