PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2016, 17:57
All names taken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gate 18

Can anyone explain to me the purpose or benefits of removing the airbridge from Stand 18?
As it is, an arrival on to this Stand is about as good an arrival experience as one can get at a UK airport. You literally can be off the plane and into a taxi in less than 3 minutes with the aid of a gentle slope to speed you along.

No doubt in the time honoured tradition of airports and airlines - any good experience must be eliminated as soon as possible and made worse. We can't have SLF thinking that they get a good experience can we? What will they expect next? And after all people will put up with anything these days won't they? (How about paying extra for Speedy Boarding and get to stand on freezing cold stairs for longer than those who have not, as an unrelated example).

So now an arrival (and boarding) at Gate 18 means the usual soaking and having your hair blown into a curly whip in the swirling gale. Another step back. To hell with progress.
I now await the $hit-storm from MAN/MAG apologists/fanboys who will tell me I should be grateful that I get to use such an amazing facility or that the airbridge is being taken out of use 'due to customer feedback' or some other mealy-mouthed CR/PR nonsense that companies dole out these days.