PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2016, 16:10
Rhino power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KenV
Can you provide flight test data showing LM is failing to meet the customers' requirements?
You know very well I can't, neither can you or anybody else outside of the program, I made it quite clear my (admittedly limited) knowledge was based purely on open source information and assorted media reports.

A contractor's job is NOT to question a customer's requirements, but to design and build a product that meets those requirements.
Really? Under no circumstances should a contractor question a customer's requirements, even if some or even large parts of it, look to be unachievable?

The Lightning also brilliantly met its requirements for a high speed, high altitude, high climb rate interceptor. I'll let the reader decide if the requirements it was designed to in 1950 were flawed during the 60s and 70s
It met or surpassed the requirements it was required to in the 1950's, end of story, whether or not 20 years later the same requirements could at that time be considered flawed is irrelevant.

And again, I ask, what 'requirements' have 'The governments running the program' constantly changed?

-RP