PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Fuel and Oil requirements
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2016, 16:06
Car RAMROD

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Leadie, sorry I should have phrased better, the bitching and moaning comment wasn't meant to be directed at you, which is how it looks. The question was posed to you and should have read something along the lines of "so instead of all the bitching and moaning that goes on here, Leadie...."

What have I done about the fuel rules? Nothing yet. I'm still finding holes in other rules and hounding CASA about them. For example previously the ICUS and co-pilot logging of hours in single pilot aircraft. Both of those made it difficult for me to operate, but eventually clarification was forthcoming.
Currently I'm involved in fatigue, simulator/synthetic trainer and Airwork rules. I have not gotten far into the fuel rules yet.

I'm not supporting the nonsense. Fact is it's going to be lumped on us poor sods at the end of the day- better to try get a piece in early and try and make them less ****e for when they do come into force. Remember the part 61 shamozzle? Not enough of us, me included, whinged prior to that. Only once it was realised that it was getting dumped on industry no matter what did anyone really start delving into it.

I guess my point is people should probably put their bitching and moaning to better use rather than here where nothing gets done about it.
Yep unlikely that much will get done at CASA either, but if enough people respond then maybe something gets done.
I suppose I'm less jaded than you. I still have care factor, fire in the belly and don't feel like giving up just yet. Don't care if you think I'm a fool for doing so, at the end of the day even if defeated I can sit back and know I tried rather than rolling over and accepting it without question.