PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HC and his Safety Culture...
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2016, 13:53
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
It would be interesting to hear HC's views on the MAA process.
Indeed. At the time a review of progress was promised after 2 years, but that seems to have been an internal MAA/MoD backslapfest.

H-C would point to the fact he criticised implementation of regs, but the MAA/MoD openly disagrees with him and has set about re-writing the regs. The systemic failure to implement has not been addressed. However, given H-C knowingly named and blamed the wrong people, when in possession of the full facts, names, dates and relevant correspondence, he is unlikely to say anything. Actually, I may be partly wrong about full facts because, for some months after the Review started, his e-mail was intercepted by MoD (as the Review office was in an MoD building). It was only when the parents of one deceased crewman went to London and handed evidence to him personally that he saw it for the first time. And I'd still like to know if the MoD Secretariat provided to him offered evidence as a first hand witness to the "savings at the expense of safety". My feeling is he kept quiet, because otherwise he would surely have pointed out the biggest mistake in the report - the 1998 baseline was at least a decade out.

Good points Crab.