PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Fuel and Oil requirements
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2016, 11:51
actus reus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, if you do nothing (i.e. "I've long since stopped caring") then you should not care about the resultant regulations and you merely become a bitter voice in the wilderness.

A little while ago, I was employed to help an OZ operator (good guy) with a rather fancy equipment upgrade (somewhat unique, I will say).

At the end of the discussions, I politely pointed out that he would need a DER to sign it all off and though I could give him chapter and verse about the requirements and what would happen with the test programme, as I am not a DER I could not sign it off.

Well, I got a very detailed 'blast' about 'CASA, those Bast...s etc'; lots of side bar information that I found very interesting but irrelevant until the whole 'steam' had been let out.

I then, still politely, pointed out that the Type Certificate Holder called the shots on this and that, in fact, the TC was held by the country of manufacture and that that particular country happen to be the USA. i.e. the FAA.

To which he replied: 'Really? I have been told that it is CASA that is giving us bull...t'.
Vague mention of AMROBA and others. In the end, all was good and he 'got it'.

Well, this may not be a big deal to Part 23 aircraft and their operators but I post it here (as sufficient time has elapsed to not embarrass anyone including me!) merely to point out that when you want to 'winge'; get your facts right.

If you want to 'winge' but do not want to actually accept reality, or you decide as you are entitled to do, give up replying to consultation requests, give up on anything positive, then maybe you should just 'give up' completely and find something else in another field to fill in your obviously excess free time.