PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying, not what I thought it would be like
Old 16th Mar 2016, 07:30
Council Van

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem is he/she does not know what it is like to work for a living, or to be unemployed or worrying about paying the mortgage.

Flying for an airline is just a job, I've had worse jobs both in and out if the airline industry and I've had a better flying job.

You say you would rather go back and study something at University. The first thing you need to do is identify what you would like to study, what is it that really interests you.

Money is not everything, so if you can find that something to do that will really make you happy then do it. However if you are not sure what it is that will make you truly happy remember that the majority of the population have jobs a lot worse than yours. Use aviation to make the rest of your life enjoyable. Over time you will have a very comfortable life style and earn enough money to make the most of your free time. You are very fortunate not to have been born in to poverty, or a war zone.

If flying is really not for you, if you are so unhappy it is making you depressed then talk to some one about it, try to identify why you are so unhappy and what you can do to solve that problem, if it really is not for you get out whilst you are still young without any reall commitments.

However ensure that you are not just waking up to the reality of the real world, you need to earn a living one way or the other unless you find yourself a rich partner to pay your way.

I would advise you to discuss the situation with your parents, they may not listen unfortunately, but no one cares more about you than them.

Flying, it's just a job but it's better than having to work for a living.

Last edited by Council Van; 16th Mar 2016 at 07:44.