PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2016, 14:20
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"They already know about it and are investigating the issue."

If you are one of the Ryanair customers who uses the popular Apple Safari browser, you may be encountering persistent problems with the new Ryanair website. Amongst these is the issue of on-screen boarding cards laid out in a peculiar four-fold format which print as a blank page. There used to be an easy fix for this - defaulting to Ryanair's original website which ran in parallel for a while. There were no compatibility issues with this. This option now appears to be withdrawn.

Having contacted Ryanair about this problem after another boarding card wouldn't format for printing, I was advised that: "They [Ryanair programmers] already know about it and are investigating the issue." However, this issue has existed since the new-style website first appeared, so it has been quite a while now. With the old website option no longer available the need for a fix has become urgent. Do we know a timescale for resolving this ... millions of people use the Safari browser?

In communication with Ryanair about the issue, I was advised: "Try deleting the browsing history and the cookies. It should solve the issue, safari has the most issues with our website out of all the browsers though." I actually did this, but unfortunately it made no difference. The boarding card still prints as a blank page.

I did ask whether the Ryanair representative could e.mail me a printable version of the boarding card. "We cannot send emails to our customers."

Can I access a boarding card at the airport without being charged since this is a website problem? "No, unfortunately. But you can download a different browser."

I have chosen NOT to download another browser ... I can just imagine the general problems that will cause. My own solution this time is to visit a friend's house and try to print my boarding card from their (non-Apple) computer. But I fly with Ryanair very frequently and I can't be messing around like this every time. It is disappointing that Ryanair has withdrawn access to the previous version of the website (which worked fine) before the issues with the new one had been addressed.

Can anybody advise a timescale for Ryanair resolving its website compatibility issues with Apple's popular Safari browser? Thanks.