PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2016, 13:37
CaptainMongo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Page 36:

"Note: The buzzer recorded at 09 h 34 min 31 most probably corresponded to a routine access request because it is the first access request following the Captain's departure from the cockpit and because the operator's normal practice calls for trying the normal access code before dialling the emergency access code. Therefore, the possibility that it corresponds to an emergency access request cancelled after 980 ms by an action on the toggle switch is considered to be extremely remote."

From what I read all requests for access were via the routine (normal) method. The emergency access method was never attempted. If it were there would be additional sounds recorded emanating from the door specific loud speaker. Also considering the time frame he would have needed to select lock only once and all subsequent requests for access (routine or emergency) would have been muted.

I fly the Bus, I can spin the selected altitude knob and maybe go from 38,000 to 22,000 then have to spin again and most likely one more time to get to 1000 and then reset it to the 100' range to get to 100' feet. So 3-5 spins - I don't think I could do that in a second - is it a big deal ofcourse not - it just stood out to me.