PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further CASA CTAF problems shows not working!
Old 15th Mar 2016, 09:31
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Howabout:

Finally, Sunfish appears to me to have taken on the mantle of the 'wise philosopher.' Unfortunately, IMHO, he fails philosophy 101 in respect of the military having a 'unique mindset,' and blows his argument out of the water with that sweeping generalisation in one fell-swoop.

You see, Sunny, all arguments are based on underlying assumptions; otherwise it would not be an argument, it would be fact. If an underlying assumption is flawed, then the argument falls in a heap. I won't rehash what you've said previously; it's on the record. But check out the 'Church,' as one example, for some of those flaws you subscribe to the military as being 'unique.' Your underlying assumption is flawed. Consequently your argument don't amount to a hill a beans.
You are showing your complete ignorance of anything to do with the military mind as documented in thousands of texts.

As far as "unique mindset" I am referring to the requirement for obedience unto death. That is everything and there is no civilian equivalent.

I have referred to again a well documented military mindset resulting from the latter which regards anything other than unquestioning obedience to the wishes of a senior officer as a crime. This is again we'll documented.

Further documentation is provided by the endless stream of papers attempting to reconcile obedience to orders with "initiative - which b definition may include disobedience of orders.

I have therefore made the less than stellar deduction that if CASA employes any of the latter mindset that we are in trouble.

That we are in trouble is already documented in the Forsyth review.

To put it another way; the Navy does not assert a right to control navigation in Australias maritime zone, nor do former naval persons infest our maritime authorities.

On a personal note; The Army and Navy ( including naval aviation) in my experience get on famously and I have the headaches to prove it. Why did I leave the odd RAAF dining in night with both a headache and a feeling that i was watching a variety of axes being ground? However my argument is not based on these personal perceptions, there is a wealth of military scholarly work on the subject of dealing with military officers who are convinced beyond reason that its there way or the highway..

---and there are tens of thousands of dead to illustrate each case.