PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Urgent help needed for PPL skill test
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2016, 07:56
ifitaintboeing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I went to UK for a ground school in November 15, came back with my results
Providing you have completed ALL of the theoretical knowledge examinations in one member state, that should be acceptable.

Under EU legislation, you may complete your theoretical knowledge examinations and your flight training/test in any EASA member state, and apply to the National Aviation Authority where your medical records are held for the appropriate licence. There are also ATOs outside EASA member states who hold EASA ATO approvals - in the U.S., for example. See CAA document CAP 804 Section 3, Part A, page 1 for information about State of Licence Issue for New Applicants.

After completion 45 hours of flying, I've applied for skill test
Having completed the minimum 45 hours of flight training required by FCL.210.A does not show that you have reached the required standard. In order to attempt a PPL Skill Test, you must hold a course completion certificate and be recommended for test by an ATO. If your medical records are held by the UK CAA, your Flight Examiner must follow the designation procedures described in CAA Information Notice 2016-004. Other EASA states have similar designation procedures.

Having a single PPL skill test costs around 1400 pounds.
A PPL Skill Test takes between 2 and 2.5 hours. Most UK solo hire rates are around £150 per hour or less for a typical training aircraft, so that's £375. The examiner fee for a PPL Skill Test varies between £100 and £200. Maybe a few landing fees also depending on where you do the test. Estimated total around £500 - £600.

And the reason why I can't get this done? Because every country believes that they've written Aviation 101.
The UK regularly accepts licence and rating applications from pilots who have completed their training and tests elsewhere in the world.

ifitaint...