PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on headsets
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2016, 04:33
guni83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on headsets

I am in the process of purchasing a new aviation headset.
I am planning on getting my PPL for now and see if I wanted to take it further and go to CPL after that.
I will be flying twice a week.

There are lots of choices out there, but I will probably pick up a good ANR once I decide to pursue all the way to CPL. For the time being, I wanted to buy something a little cheaper to take me through PPL, but want something that is of a descent quality as well.

I am wondering if it will be best if I bought a used DC, or something that is less well-known but brand new.
For example, I can either pick up a second-hand DC H10-13.4 for around $200 - $300 (I am in Australia), or similar money will buy me a brand new Pilot PA12.8T. Most of the second-hand DCs I found so far are at least 5 years old as I couldn't find anything with warranty remaining.

I did find a few reviews about PA12.8T, most of them says that it is an excellent headset but looks like these are mostly used for passengers. Could someone with an experience with a budget headset like the Pilot, or an experience with a second hand headset, share their thoughts on whether there are some good, reliable but cheap ones out there, or if it's safer to purchase a used DC?

Thank you.