PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The firings have started
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2016, 01:09
The Visionary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The firings have started

The new GMF has already started sacking people. "Viv" apparently left because a new project, included within the fleet office(s), will include terminations. This is really what the new sickness policy is about. If anyone thinks that the fleet offices/Chief Pilots are on our side, just you wait and see. Does anyone remember the 1994 F/A strike or the 1999/2000 pilot uprising?

We are now at war again and history has a way of repeating itself. Even though they are short of crew, they will try and scare everyone to work. Anyone that has a chance to get out should give it serious thought.

I really hate to say this but I do not know if we can trust the AOA. I do not need to repeat what happened to our colleagues the last time and what they had to do to be heard. The AOA has caved a few times actually and just when we think we have the other guy on the ropes, we get sucker punched and down like the Titanic deep into Davie Jones locker we sink.

It's sad that we cannot just fix the issues and move on to be the great airline we once were. Reverting back to old colonial ways of managing will fail and sadly so may the once beloved airline. I wish things were different but they are not.

Read the story about swire shipping and research scorched earth policies.