PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR ramp check on a US major
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2016, 22:51
cactusbusdrvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHR ramp check on a US major

This was reported by an American 777 captain. It sounds like the CAA had a stick up its ass that day. Please tell me this isn't normal.

LHR Ramp check
LAX 777 crews:

The following debrief came in this morning from a 777 crew in another base.

I think it speaks for itself.

Information has been verified and reprinted here in it's entirety.

"Subject: My debrief in LHR today B-777 crew.

Upon arrival at the gate in LHR, the flight was met by two UK CAA Safety Inspectors.

The following was checked in the flight deck before any cockpit crewmember was allowed to depart:

Pilots licenses and Medicals, extra pair of eye glasses if noted on medical certificate, working personal flashlights, all required manuals [and] current revision status, review of the SEL to include [the] AA Operating Certificate and Worldwide Insurance proof, review of [the] flight plan, plotting chart and AIREP forms, TPS and ACARS close out data ([They] kept all these documents with them), all appropriate airport notams documentation, AML - ETOPS sign off and [They] had the flight crew demonstrate proficiency at [in] looking up a logged MEL item, FAR 117 duty time chart found in Part 1 with questions [asked] regarding the [our] ability to check for the current flight legality, [also] checking the current software for the TCAS system with questions asked concerning RA's and TA's - [and] the different advisories and warnings given [displayed].

This was the most thorough ramp check I have ever encountered in my nearly 37 years as a pilot at AA. We were kept in the cockpit for at least 30 mins after our block in time. The Inspectors were courteous and friendly but very thorough and precise.
I don't have a problem with being checked, but just wanted to debrief that this could happen again to other crews and to be prepared when arriving in LHR."

Please make sure your fellow crew members are aware of this email and act accordingly.

FYI,

xxxxxxxxxx