PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2016, 16:23
bizjetbus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New, but no better, same crummy 120K HKD max on any claim. Don't get cancer.
OK, that could be. Like I said, I don't have the details. With the exception of one company, I have always had my own health insurance for myself and my family on top of whats been offered by my employers. I usually recommend people to have their own insurance anyway. There are very few companies, in aviation, offering health coverage that truly covers the employee and his/her family.

Too late for a few guys. Don't expect to retire on it. It's a paltry single payment.
Personally, same as for health insurance. I have my own as no one will take care of me or my family should something go wrong.

BS. There's no 13th month at HKA.
Call it what you want. According to wasinc's website there's a yearly bonus averaging $12.9k per year for the first three years. As its a 3 year contract I would presume the same is true for the following 3 years.

It's been 'in place' for a couple of years actually, and the queue is still over 5 years long. Selection may involve serious brown nosing.
Not sure about the "brown nosing" as I don't work there but a 5 year queue for upgrade is fairly short I would say. Try almost any other airline flying mixed short and long haul and see what the estimated upgrade time is for a new joiner.

One 350 may arrive late 2016. You won't be on it. Back of queue. Commence brown nosing.
Like I said, I'm not interested in working for HKA but if I was, why should I as a new joiner expect to be on the A350 when lots of pilots have already been with the company for years? They should be the ones getting the chance to join a new fleet, only fair or?

More BS. The basic for an FO is 75/85 depending on rating. They 'manage' your work to keep you at or close to 50hrs....
I was talking about CPT's pay and the pay I quoted came from wasinc's website as I could not remember the numbers. Flying 50 hours per month will surely not continue once the fleet and network grows as it would not be cost effective. I'm guessing that anyone joining pretty much any airline today should expect to fly at least 80 hours per month.

t far far below going rate. Only for wannabes and self regarders.
Could be, but not sure where else in Asia you would be able to join in the left seat and get involved in training if that's what you would like to do? I heard that training pay was about HKD10K per qualification or something along those lines. Can't really remember but I'm sure someone here can confirm that?

Like I said before, perhaps not the best deal around but doesn't sound like the worst either.

Killarro, do you work for HKA? If so, why are staying? You seem pretty frustrated, can't be good for your health...

Its all about expectations and how to manage them.

bjb