PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAAC doctors in PEK out of control
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2016, 12:15
Tatarin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tomuchwork
In this countries it is all the same bs. I remember, lots of years ago, joining QR(I know, different country, same crap) we had to do an "extended" medical. QR paid for normal medical, so all "problems" they would find and needs extra attention would be of course paid by the pilot.

The result: nearly everyone(I was a young and healthy guy back then), including me had some kind of magical problem.
My FO had some problems with his lungs(initially they said he has lung cancer :- , the poor man was desperate) ), I had some problems with my blood(of course, if you don't find anything go with blood or urine).
He had to pay for some extra x-rays and a "private" consultation of a hospital doctor, I had to run another blood test, so I came out cheaper(couple of 100 Qatari Rials or how they call their micky mouse money).

Of course everyone made it finally. But a bit poorer.

Its all about demonstration of power and money.

I even had it once in Europe(west) that some medical genius close to retirement found something wrong with the hearth curve(something with the "backside" of the curve), even grapped out one of his old(very old) books and showed it to me. I asked if that is a problem, he replied - no worries, all ok.

Good, one year later, different doctor(the old one retired, thanks god), do my medical. Suddenly he says, "oh, you have hearth problems and it is in your file - lets have a look at that". Great.
Long story short - after a lot of wasted time (sitting at different doctors/hospitals) - they discovered that I DO NOT have this hearth condition. Just because some guy has to show off at the end of his career....

Why I bore you with this stories? I want to say that you find this kind of medical fraud (at the end they make money out of you) is found nearly everywhere in the world. Exceptions might be medical centers run by the company like EK.

And you find idiot doctors all over the world. Not limited to China(but most likely they have a higher density of this guys).
100% agree. But the worst it is that they may make you unhealthy like in my case . I return from China only with 20% of eyesight.