PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further CASA CTAF problems shows not working!
Old 14th Mar 2016, 06:54
Arm out the window

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm not sure why you feel I need educating about what military officers do and don't do, Sunfish - I was one for over 20 years, and amazingly have been able to function pretty well in civilian life for almost as long, both in business for myself and as an employee. My comments are far from uninformed.

Dick's numerous provocative threads about how the RAAF have stuffed up Australia's aviation systems, cannot think outside narrow boundaries, are blindly obedient and so on are simplistic, offensive and plain wrong in my view.

Your suggestion is fundamentally that military training to follow orders renders people incapable of not doing so when the situation calls for it. I'm sure that as a Lieutenant you would have known that if an order is unlawful, it is your duty not to follow it.

The argument being made by Dick, and backed up by you, is that somehow being ex-military means any CASA employees can't think for themselves, will defend the established order at any cost, and want to kill GA.

This is rubbish. Why don't I want to kill GA? I should, being an ex-military automaton, but strangely enough I'd like to see it flourish, as I'm sure do the majority of my 'kind' who may have made their ways into various jobs throughout the aviation industry.

As for your habit of spraying off a volley and disappearing, I stand by that assertion and will back it up with examples if you like.