PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL theory questions
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2016, 04:36
paco

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
Hi Keith - question writers are given a range of LOs within which to write questions. There is no choice on our part, so the answer to your question is yes. At present they are beefing up areas in which there has been no activity, so you will see many questions for LOs that have previously been given no attention. If you think it's bad enough as a school trying to teach in those areas, it's harder when you don't understand the LO in the first place!

I don't know what questions, if any, have already been written and it is often hard to come up with something original that is of practical use to a pilot. I have subjects for the next round that I would rather avoid for this reason!

The next problem are the technical reviewers - it is a lottery as to whether they know anything at all.

I must say at this point that the ladies who do the initial reviewing of a question as to its viability as a question (i.e. non-technical aspects) are pretty good at their job.

Some of the recent OPS questions actually should not have been in the exams at all - we had a recent CPL(H) candidate who got 4 questions on the ILS, which is not even in the LOs!