PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nerves and flying for the sake of keeping current
Old 14th Mar 2016, 03:30
Beethoven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About a month or so ago I decided to go flying to keep my 90 day passenger currency up. I was in the middle of a set of night shifts but the weather was too good to miss and my shared Cherokee was available for the afternoon. I did all the checks as far as starting to taxi but something just did not feel right so I shut down and was angry with myself for feeling the nerves that I was feeling and decided to go home. The weather was brilliant though and I wrestled with my thoughts till I came upon the idea of seeing if an instructor at the airfield might have had a cancellation and went to Ops to ask. I felt a bit of a wimp explaining my situation but one was available and I had the best circuit workout for long time and though I didn't get the hour in my log book I was so glad I did that..it really boosted my confidence and made me realise there is always another day and that extra £40 was worth every penny.