PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further CASA CTAF problems shows not working!
Old 14th Mar 2016, 00:57
Arm out the window

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
This is such a basic requirement that we later have to try and beat it out of some officers because we want them to show something called "initiative" not blind dumb obedience.
Who's this 'we'? You're the voice of sweet reason, eh?

I understand that you want to put across the point that ex-military people don't understand the real world, and that only non-military and therefore 'real' people can understand, but that is such patent bull that only those wanting to jump on the RAAF-bashing wagon will swallow it, no matter how many times you and Dick repeat it.

You've had a few run-ins with ex military types? Well, me too, but just as many with similarly pig-headed people who never wore a uniform. One trait of most ex-military pilots and air traffickers I know is that they're generally (and there are exceptions of course) reliable, honest and have integrity. Perhaps if you don't get on with them, you might want to have a look in the mirror!

We can get into another to-and-fro match if you like, but your modus operandi is to make a bunch of sweeping pronouncements and then disappear when you get cornered in a logical argument, so perhaps not.