PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Selection
Thread: CTC Selection
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2016, 17:00
HertsPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Dan,

White Tail or MPL I think we can all agree you are going to get a lot of criticism!

I think if you are going the white tail route, look up the airlines that place from this scheme and also research the ethos and history of CTC so when you are asked questions you can answer in a way that fits the ethos of CTC Aviation rather than what you think a pilot should be.

I would make sure when you are there to just be yourself, the selection process is designed to identify whether you have the skills that are required to be an airline pilot so theres nothing you can do to "fudge" the results even if you wanted to.

CTC have been doing it for years and I know a number of candidates who have completed the scheme and placed with an airline swiftly after completion. CTC have a fantastic placement percentage (98%) and I would say that while there is always risks with these schemes where you can get to the end and might not get a job or that the hiring market in 18-24 months may be completely different to what it is now, schools like CTC, OAA, FTE (you would think anyway) are going to want you to place with an airline and as long as you study hard and have a positive attitude I am sure you won't run in to any problems, lets face it if you are in a position to accept the risk, then being a pilot at the end of the day isn't a bad repayment!

That said, if successful, think of how you would afford the first few months of repayments if you didn't attain a job immediately, nevertheless Best of luck with selection!