PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further CASA CTAF problems shows not working!
Old 13th Mar 2016, 11:29
Lead Balloon

Received 445 Likes on 224 Posts
I never mentioned the difficulty or otherwise of getting an airstrip published on charts, never tried to do it, but if model aircraft flying fields and hang gliding areas can crack a mention on VTCs and the like I'm stuffed if I know why they would refuse to put a well-used airfield on.
QED.

You should try it some time. They won't "refuse". They just won't respond in a practicable way. It is, after all, "user pays", and private citizens don't pay income tax, fuel excise, GST or anything else for the "privilege" of flying.

One of the more bizarre interactions I've recently witnessed was the 'safety'-based refusal to establish a permanent broadcast frequency for the Lake Eyre region and all ERSA entries for airfields in that region, eventually and strangely followed by the establishment of a permanent broadcast frequency for the Lake Eyre region and a corresponding amendment to all ERSA entries for airfields in that region.

It just 'happened'. No acknowledgement that, upon reflection, the regulator and the ANSP realised they were just being mule stupid.