PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair current information cadet and FO work condition.
Old 13th Mar 2016, 10:39
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I did the interview recently, got my base. So I can give some insight(not about working conditions yet).

1.I think they have to comply with current EU regulations. At least if you go on a direct contract with RYR as I did. Tired of dealing with some leasing agencies.
You will pay social contributions in your "homebase" country.

2.Got my requested base. DEC. Don't know if they offer the same to cadets or FO.

3.Don't know. I guess by asking to change and entering a waiting list till a position becomes available. As everywhere.

4.Seems on this new "direct contract" thing with Ryanair you pay taxes in Ireland and social contributions at your home base.

5.I don't think so. In which country can you deduct VAT from a car??

6./

7./

8. I considered Wizz for a long time last year(did stall the DEC interview month by month), but honestly, low pay and eastern European bases made it not interesting for me.
IF you are Eastern European it might be a good choice to go there, be based in your home country.
Ryanair was the better choice for me, got my base that is perfect to be with my family every day.

Depends really from where you are from and what you get at the interview/contract.

From what I hear the RYR(I can confirm that) is much more straight forward then the Wizz Interview. No strange HR guys and no "pilot haters" at the tech quiz. Was most likely the nicest interview I ever had.