PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further CASA CTAF problems shows not working!
Old 13th Mar 2016, 08:04
Arm out the window

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Yet more Dick Headlines, hooray.

a fly in at an unmarked airfield
A fly-in would imply quite a few aircraft turning up. If the airfield wasn't marked on charts, and the organisers of the fly-in knew that, then it was irresponsible of them not to foresee that there would be a lot of calls on the area frequency and to arrange alternative procedures. Immediate thoughts that spring to mind:

a) Be smart enough to inform those attending to use either 126.7 or the numbers so as to avoid such a debacle, or

b) if there was any confusion about what should be done and fear of recriminations about being on 'unauthorised frequencies', get onto CASA or Airservices and ask them what they'd like done! Or is that too much like rocket science?

It appears ATC could not cope with the calls
Jeez, that's a surprise, a heap of unexpected traffic because of a fly-in whose organisers didn't think to make provisions for getting them on a more appropriate frequency, who'd have thought?

I wonder how long the military mentality in CASA of protecting those who have made a mistake will last?
Clearly a military issue - if I was you, I'd start up a campaign to stop young people joining the services. This is continuing brilliant stuff from you, Dick, do keep it coming.