PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further CASA CTAF problems shows not working!
Old 13th Mar 2016, 04:27
Dick Smith

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts
A modern internationally harmonised airspace system. I bit like our international road system. I drove around the world a few years ago and had no probs complying with the rules. Didn't get booked once.

I want the Australian NAS as approved by federal cabinet to be finalised. The first part was shown in the blue 52 page reference guide. Published by CASA for use on 27 Nov 2003

The final part was never published in educational material because by then the reversals to the 1930s were taking place. Because of ignorance and resistance to change to copying the best from anywhere else in the world.

How could an international pilot flying here VFR work out our unique requirements re frequency monitoring when en route and at aerodromes not marked on some maps. Nothing like it anywhere else in the world .

Then again Goana air safaris and others have closed down so probably little likelihood of overseas pilots coming here and spending money that will assist our industry.