PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 12th Mar 2016, 21:13
jamesgrainge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From a perspective of someone who is not a pilot yet, but has started the same road and reading replies with interest I have this question, if you answer yes the same as me then your answer is obvious.

Some mornings I have roughly 5 blissful seconds where I think of nothing but the fact I'm alive and have no worries. Then all of a sudden my brain switches on and I begin to think of how I'm going to pay for my CPL etc,what I need to do, how long its going to take, how I can help myself, what is the right path throughout my training and how I can speed it up to achieve my dream of flying.

From this point on I research topics, learn my ppl books for my exams, stress that I might not be able to do the ATPL theory, how much its all going to cost, how I can make more money to speed up my training and the absolute abject fear I cannot do it, up until my head hurts and I need a break. This takes me until 5pm. After this I practice on flight sim, think some more, run through my procedures for my PPL check ride. Then when I get into bed it is the very last thing I think about and how good it will be in a few years time to be stood in that uniform flying something, and hope and pray nothing upsets this plan and dream and all the effort ive put in and will continue to put in. This happens every single day of the week, no matter what.

If this is your day then yes you want to be a pilot, more than anything in the world.