PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 429
Thread: Bell 429
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2016, 18:41
HeliNomad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We operate the B429 in the US with the 7000lbs limitation. With full seats/luggage, it's really not a factor if your flight durations are 1.2 and under. You can cover a lot of ground in 1.2 with the 429 at 140-145 knots burning 550 lbs/hr. The other thing to consider is that it can carry it's gross weight to extremely hot and high without limitations. The OEI performance is equally impressive. The performance charts are designed for a super min-spec aircraft. Even the high time trainers at the school have significant margins over the charts. Your new aircraft will blow your mind in performance.

IMO, the key is configuration for a light machine. Our's weighed in at 4,860 lbs empty with full corporate interior, 4th axis auto pilot, and all the avionics trimmings. We didn't get the search light or aux tank.

As said above, the customer support is beyond good. We have just over 70 hours in ours since Dec and it's flawless. I can't say enough good things about this machine.

I should add a note about ride quality. Compared to the Augusta you will never feel that teeth shattering ETL in the 429. Between the live mount transmission and advanced head design the ride quality is unmatched to anything I've experienced from ETL to VNE. The first time I flew in a 109 I thought something was coming apart in the head...the pilot I flew with of course said the famous Augusta words "it's supposed to do that". ; )

Last edited by HeliNomad; 12th Mar 2016 at 19:02.