PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 12th Mar 2016, 16:25
High Energy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by simba82
That would be quiet the stretch for the 737 Max would it even make it from DXB to BKK/KUL or SIN ? Also they will be competing with EK on those routes will that even be allowed?
It would be a stretch but the Max has a still air distance that would technically make Jakarta possible, just. Again still air and lots of other variables that need to be taken into account too. I can certainly see BKK as the prime option, as rumored a lot. Planning wise they say decisions on destinations are not discussed with EK but I don't buy that. Workers and migrant routes are typically high density but low yielding routes. I'm gussing more European routes would yield a higher yield and be less streneous on the operation and capabilities of the 737. Connecting Europe to Asia would make sense as does Africa to China. But is the 737 the right plane for that job and does that fit into the companies operational structure?