PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hullavington airfield
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2016, 10:23
Lima Juliet

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts
So, here is my theory on the Dyson rumour...

Seeing as Dyson has bought out the high-tech battery company Satki3 with a £10M investment last year: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...y-company.html

And that he has announced an interest in electric cars: Dyson might be building electric car, joining Apple and Google in looking to make vehicles of the future | News | Lifestyle | The Independent

As I quoted before, James Gray MP stated:
There’s a business interested in the site and it would be an environmentally sensitive one that local people would welcome.”

Mr Gray has refused to give any further details on which business he believes is interested. Local speculation is that washing machine and vacuum manufacturer Dyson, which moved to Malmesbury from Chippenham some years ago but has now outgrown its factory there, would be keen to stay in the area and expand.
James Gray MP plays down fears over houses in Hullavington (From This Is Wiltshire)

Now seeing as the Chancellor has been crowing about autonomous electric vehicles recently in the press: George Osborne to open UK roads to driverless cars by 2020 | News | Lifestyle | The Independent

And also his budget last year boosted this: Budget 2015: Research into driverless cars boosted - FT.com

Then here is my theory. Dyson will be the lead in building autonomous electric cars in the UK, using his new battery technology, and building them at Hullavington. If I'm right I'll claim my £5 and if I'm wrong I'll keep wearing my tin foil hat...

...if correct then its not great news for the 'Northern Powerhouse', though. Maybe they should rename it the 'Western Powerhouse' with the recent investment at St Athan for the Aston Martin DB-X factory!! Maybe, HS2 should be routed westwards instead!

LJ