PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2016, 09:18
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tourist,
this is all of our own making, though.
We live in a litigious society probably brought on by the americans, I suspect where ambulance chasers and over zealous lawyers are keen to give victims 'free' money.
Where there is an incident, there is money, so the regulastors are forced to regulate further to avoid another claim from a similar incident.
Look at pot holes in the road, coffee served which is too hot, driving in the middle lane of the motorway, using goggles to play conkers in the playground. And this is low level stuff.
This airshow incident is the first of several 'tree shakes' in the airshow industry and it is the lawyers and no-one else who are causing all this back lash.
Society will regulate risk out of existence if it is allowed to, mark my words.

I speak to very many people in this industry, it is a small, closed shop network predominently consisting of olds and bolds and these people never worried about risk, it was not in their vocabulary. But now they live in a society where exclamation marks are not to be taught in classrooms anymore for fear of upsetting someone !!!!!!!!

It will NEVER be the same again, the challenge is, can it adapt to maintain its attraction?