PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which flight school in USA on F-1 Visa ?
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2016, 13:41
scottscale40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which flight school in USA on F-1 Visa ?

Hi aviators,
I'm a glider pilot at my home country (Poland) and I always wanted to become an airline pilot. Right now I am 23 years old and ready to start my aviation adventure. I decided to train in USA, unfortunately I am not sure which flight school to choose.
I have been searching for months for the best flight school for Professional Pilot Program. The most important conditions are: school must have the ability to take students on: F-1 Visa, not inflated expenses, almost guaranteed job as an instructor after the program.

From the beggining the school of my first choice was Aviator College. More than a year ago I visited it during my holidays in Florida, it seemed to be quite good. Few months ago I spoke with one of the graduates and I learned about the shortcomings of the school (hidden costs, race between students about the position of instructor and problematic management of the school). That prompted me to consider other schools... I was whinking about Aerosim (it's very expensive and I corresponded with a person who seemed unpleasant), then Phoenix East Aviation (I have heard only negative opinions). Afterwards I spoke with 2 very helpful pilots who did their training at Hillsboro Aero Academy and were very pleased with their choice of flight school.

To be honest I always wanted to apply to a school in Florida (especially because my realtives live there) but right now I'm confused. I would love to live in Florida but I am afraid schools over there are too confident of their position due to the location and candidates' interest so they don't care about quality of training and students satisfaction. That's why I guess Hillsboro could be the best choice...
Could you please share with me your knowledge and experience about these flight schools?

The next problem I've got is making a choice between Part 141 and Part 61 training. Which path would you recommend? I have heard the best option is to do your PPL + IR Part 141 and Commercial + CFI Part 61. Would you agree this is the best way to become an airline pilot?

I know this subject/thread is quite common but none of them have solved all of my doubts. I am hoping some of you were in a similar situation and are able to give me the right advice.

Thank you in advance!