PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue recruiting non-fliers
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2016, 10:47
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leveraging CAE’s experience in delivering competency-based training programs to airlines throughout the world.
There is no doubt that CAE has an excellent worldwide reputation as an FTD manufacturer and training provider in the TRTO world but I understand that their approach to ab-initio training is somewhat different. If what they have done to erode the once very good ATO's that they purchased a few years ago is anything to go by at least. Some of the European based schools they enveloped were training the same cadet pilots mentioned earlier for large EU airlines, and for many years, however it appears that little of the legacy that built trusted and reliable reputations has made the transition. I'm told that it's all about production and little else; continuity of training is so important - that said, it'll be good for the CFI's to teach U.S. citizens for a change though rather than the masses of Chinese and Vietnamese students they normally handle on the FAA programs. Appreciation of the value of proper and thorough teaching of fundamentals, irrespective of the financial return, is so important...quality carries a price tag and I really hope this has been recognized by JB.

Last edited by Reverserbucket; 10th Mar 2016 at 11:40.