PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Listen to Dick Smith and you WILL lose everything
Old 10th Mar 2016, 07:47
dhavillandpilot

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Dick

There was a vibrant training programme for overseas students but between CASA and a few greedy operators killed it off. The exchange rate at $AUD 1 = $US1.1 didn't help.

Recently I travelled in a cab to Bankstown, the driver a Lebanese guy who has been in Australia for years told me about a well known training company and what they did to his grandson, a born in Australia citizen.

His grandson paid $90k up front to do a intergrated CPL, Half way thru his course the organisation told him he wouldn't pass and refused to do any more training. When he asked for a refund of the balance not used, they refused.

This is the type of operation that stops International students from coming to Australia.

Yet in other fields we are excelling. I have a friend who is in the Certificate training programme for Senior health care nursing, he is going gang busters with Phillipines nationals coming to study.

A combined approach to flight training for International students with professional marketing, overseen by some sort of authority for the training and funding would probably fit the bill.

After all we keep reading there is going to be a shortage of pilots.

I thought we were the clever country, clever at what? Doing nothing and complaining.