PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Listen to Dick Smith and you WILL lose everything
Old 10th Mar 2016, 06:07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So lets get together and organise!!

I've heard some really good ideas and some ideas that could use a little polishing.
But either way people have started to exchange ideas. The next step is to organise and I really believe we have some passionate people on here. All we need to do is sort out the men(woman) from the boys(girls). We need to sort out who are just the complainers and who are the people who are really interested in starting a movement that can affect real change.
I believe we can start a group on facebook or something similar that will get the ball rolling and get this discussion out of the pilot forum and start to move this into the public realm.
Progressive, akro, pinky the pilot and dhavillilland pilot have all brought either constructive suggestions and solutions. This my friends is a coalescing of of minds and ideas. As the people above mentioned our peak body has not being doing anything in the public sphere and most likely not much behind the scenes either.
If we can put names and faces to this cause i think it will be the first step in a worthwhile battle. A battle that won't be won today or tomorrow. But as progressive said. If we can get the right people elected this year to parliament then maybe, just maybe we can reduce the regulation and cost to industry and the private pilot. Because as dick said, GA is dying. Now some of you think of charter operators and RFDS when thinking about GA.
I think about the man on the street who wants to buy or hire a 172 and go fly to Tumut from Bankstown to go for a fly-in. I think of the lady that wants to take her friends up from Barwon Heads to the Yarra valley for a hens weekend. I think of the many people who are now moving from places like archerfield and parafield to places like Rylstone air park because of the sense of camaraderie and because the prices are cheaper.
But people should only be making the move to places like this by choice and not because they are being forced out by the prices of parking your pride and joy on the grass at Bankstown which are now being sold off bit by bit to developers.
Let's start a real group of changers and believers on Facebook. Can anybody start us off with a group name?