PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Handling Agents for light GA?
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2016, 01:11
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And you guys think you had it bad!

I landed in Schiphol airport last year, and they charged €375 for landing fee, tower fee, ATC fee, immigration and parking for less than 4hours in a piper arrow. They arranged a follow me car from the apron to the parking spot, a Marshaller to help us park on the yellow line into the stand, picked us up for the whole 30seconds drive into the jet terminal, and then arranged us a taxi to get into town. On the way back they had a nice booklet with instructions, frequencies, and so forth, and a ride to the plane.

It was an amazing experience, to be able to mix with the big boys, their procedure of doing a threshold join at 500' was particularly fun too, and the experience as a whole was pretty surreal. Although when I requested a preferred area for runup - they seemed a little baffled to say the least...

When I heard that there was also a eurocontrol charge levied for another £15 or so, I was a little livid... But hey! Once in a lifetime experience I guess. But in all honesty, I cannot help but feel that it really shouldn't have cost more than €100.

Talking of which does anyone know where to land relatively cheaply near Stockholm?