atpcliff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just found this re the online test:

ProPilotWorld.com

9Jan2016
First_at_Flight
propilotworld.com

100 questions 60 minutes
When using the FAA ATP focus on WX, Aerodynamics, Runways/Airport markings, lighting and signage, Flight physiology (most questions seem to have come from these categories)
Seemed up to 75% of questions asked were from ATP bank alone.
Questions that were not from this bank included
Difference between QNE, QNH
NAT Deviation procedures
JEPP chart symbols and interpretation (believe most were departures from JFK)
Wx Chart Symbols (for this I had a poster board with printed out symbol and abbreviation banks from ICAO and FAA publication you can find by googling)
The different climb segments and how they are calculated and terms used to describe them
Metric conversions ie, mb to ft
RVS conversion to SM

I felt completely comfortable taking the test after 4 days of studying ATP questions and the older material that is floating around

Hope this helps

9Jan2016
wingedmunkie

The test bank seems to vary, whether it's tailored to your background I can't say. That said, when I took the test in November there was not a single question referencing anything beyond U.S. borders. Lots of ATP style questions. Lots of weather products (text and graphic), instrument procedures, and aerodynamics. Lots of people claim to do it as a team effort; I did not, thinking it would slow me down but I still passed. The time goes fast though. Best advice I can give is to pick the low hanging fruit first and then go back for the rest; don't spend time trying to look things up unless you know exactly where to find the answer. Good luck!