PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boy Entrants 39th to 49th Entries
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2016, 16:28
DonExAir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aaron Hi again,
It was untidy to not carry on to the end with the 51st entry. It would have been logical.
Thank you very much for the information passed it was just what I needed to disprove my understanding of the numbering "system" (is there one!) I thought with my limited information at the time that the format went - 42nd entry=1943..., 43rd entry= 1944..., 44th entry=1945... et c but, it seems, NO. Such is life!
Your brother must have been one of my squadron and probably D flight too.
His number also further erodes my understanding of even my own entry. I always thought that Peter Stevens (...4268) was the last number in both D flight and 2 squadron. I am (was) W1944259.
Does your brother have a spare copy of his pass-out journal or could he copy it for me if he still has it? I lost all my boy entrant and all my training documents thanks to "woolly bugs" out in Singapore. As an inst. gen. man he may well remember the clp. boy Westrop of the day.
What was your trade Aaron? Were you also D flight 2 squadron?
Thanks again for your most welcome input, it is very interesting and informative.
Perhaps I will hear from a Hereford one soon. I know one wrote a very enlightening book and he was 43rd at Hereford but no service number to further erode my theory.
Best regards,
Don.