PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revalidating CPL MEP IR
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2016, 15:14
ifitaintboeing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...and they said I have to do the whole MEP course again (4 hours + 2 FNPT + written exam and Skills test) to revalidate my MEP. Would this be true for the UK too?
Following feedback from industry, the UK CAA filed an Alternative Means of Compliance for refresher training towards renewal of class and type ratings. The UK alternative requirements for applicants specify training as required in accordance with an individually tailored programme. See the UK Alt MoC1 FCL.740(b)(1) which can be found in CAP 804, Section 4, Part H, Subpart 1, page 7. Therefore, it's just training as required, then a MEP Proficiency Check to renew your MEP class rating.

Also they have quoted me a price for doing my IR renewal in a SEP but I initially done the test in an MEP as I understood this is what the airlines want.
At present, FCL.720.A(d) states that an applicant for a first type rating course must hold a current multi-engine IR(A) - see CAP 804, Section 4, Part H, Subpart 1, page 3. In the future, this is due to be amended as and when NPA 2014-29(A) is adopted to make an expired multi-engine IR(A) acceptable.

are you affiliated with a flight school?
Under EASA, all renewal training must be conducted under an ATO.

ifitaint...