PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Westjet F/A Sues over Sexual Harassment by Pilot
Old 9th Mar 2016, 12:28
a330pilotcanada

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Good Morning All:

A very thought provoking posting by Dagger on the AEF. So for the "select some" how would you react to this?

We'll deal with the outcomes when they are known, but if there are multiple cases against Pilot M, and there seem to be, then there is a likelihood that his behaviour was at the very least harassment. Whether that is sufficient to stand up to the legal standards for harassment is another thing. But I don't know who Pilot M is, wouldn't recognize him, so to this point, this is something largely known to those within the company.

I also find some of you too easily slip into the mode of blaming and shaming the woman, even suggesting that maybe she is a woman scorned, or someone who took an innocent advance and turned it into a feminist cause. Frankly, I wonder how some of you male pilots would react if a male captain grabbed you an throw you on your stomach on a bed and tried to pull down your pants. I bet you'd come out of that experience feeling pretty angry and or depressed at the victimization to which you'd been suggested. I doubt some of you would have the courage to admit a man preyed on you. It took a lot for the male victims of priest abuse to come forward, too.