PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow S76 Ditched in Nigeria today Feb 3 2016
Old 9th Mar 2016, 09:33
Phone Wind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nbl and keithl,
There's no great mystery or conspiracy here. I contacted the site administrators about a post which I believed to be libellous and they apparently thought so too as it was removed. I contacted another poster about a reference he had made to the removed post, with individual names and he/she was kind enough to remove that post too.

immuney,
Brown envelopes in Nigeria are long gone for Bristow. This may well be what caused the action by NAPIMS. NAPIMS is a part of the disgraced NNPC which has long been mired in corruption as a result of which yesterday the government announced that it is being split into 7 operations units and 20 separate companies.

gulliBell,
Although no longer grounded, sadly not all the S76 fleet is back flying and there is a possibility some of them will not return to the contracts they were formerly on which would obviously lead to further redundancies.

peterperfect,
The fleet was allowed to fly by the NCAA after Bristow conducted checks and audits acceptable to them. The external audit is still in progress and is being conducted by the UK company AviateQ International whose details are available on their company website.

Unlike some of the naysayers on here, I for one wish Bristow every success in getting as many aircraft as possible back on contract.

Last edited by Phone Wind; 9th Mar 2016 at 09:35. Reason: grammar