PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to Ensure SMS "Compliance"?
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2016, 09:01
Capot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This question got me wondering if the UK Official Gazette would be the definitive single source to monitor for new rules affecting UK aviation at least.

Their website is a typical Civil Service IT lash up; looks quite good until you try to actually use it.

After going down various blind alleys, a search for any documents naming the Civil Aviation Authority, and/or Civil Aviation gave me some links, the latest of which was the news, published on 31 Dec 2015 that one Andrew Haines had been awarded an OBE for services to Civil Aviation.

My Dad got a richly-deserved OBE shortly before he finally died from the aftermath of diseases picked up in SL III and the Long March; he toiled ceaselessly for decades in his own time for the welfare of ex-RAF veterans fallen on bad time, and made a difference for hundreds, perhaps thousands of people.

I wish I had not seen that this pointless, time-serving bureaucrat, presiding ineffectually over the decline of a once-respected and now useless institution, has been awarded the same honour, which is thereby so devalued as too render it worthless.

Sorry, inappropriate drift, back to the thread.