PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get out of aviation before you lose everything
Old 9th Mar 2016, 04:05
peterc005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not really sure a CJ3 falls under GA. It's an expensive toy and like other luxury items like Ferraris they are a lot easier to buy than to sell. If it was a C172 it would have probably sold in a couple of weeks.

I'm going to pull you up on a few points:

1) Looking at the AFAP website there seems to be more jobs and better jobs recently than I can remember. Looks like another hiring boom is firing up.

2) Some areas of the industry, notable training for international airline pilots, seem to be strong.

3) RAA seems to be successful at being a lower cost entry point for weekend pilots.

4) ADSB seems to be an obvious upgrade, with benefits for both ATC and situational awareness. The costs you have quoted in the past are not really indicative of typical GA. To buy and get a LAME to install a Trig 31 ADSB transponder in my plane will cost less than $5k.

You might be happier with something like a new C206 instead of the CJ3. You'd certainly get to enjoy the scenery more.